Monday, August 9, 2010

The Dieting Snowman

I did a bit of digi shopping over at Sassy Cheryl's over the weekend and came out with a few snowmen and a beach girl. This is by far my favorite snowman. He is a delight to color and has so much personality I think you can get him to say just about anything. Here i have him saying, "Its as I say, the weight always comes off with the warmer weather..." 
A front view:


My recipe:
Dps: No idea
Circles: Nestabilities
Image: Sassy Cheryl's
Colors: Derwent Graphitint and a touch of Prismacolor
Sentiment: my own sick mind
Scallops and lace : Borderabilities and MS punch
3D foam pads: Recollection
Pearls: Recollection
Buttons: assorted
Stitching: gel pen
Buckle: lost packaging. I think its" making memories"


details:

This is one of two cards I made last night while watching BBC's North &South. I used the same color scheme for two very different cards. (the second is a summer card) and can you believe I'm still not done the movie?? Its a long one. But thats ok cos Ive seen it so many times I know the wonderful ending....

I would like to enter this in three challenges:

Cute Card Thursday: Anything goes

Happy Monday to you all!! :-)


11 comments:

N Blackburn said...

Hey Dorcas,
I really like this card - really like to colours, and the bold prints and block colours give it a really cool yet simple look.
Lovely!

And thumbs up on North and South - LOVE that film! My copy's still lost - will need to get on and get another one!

Tasha xXx

Fiona said...

Dorcas..this is fantastic...I love snowmen so much..I love the colour combo and your DP...ooh I love it...think this is one of my favs..may need to do some snowman shopping too!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this wek..hope to see you next week.

Fi

dj1952 said...

Dorcas, as always, your card is precious. Love the snowman. You did an awesome job coloring. Can't wait to see your next masterpiece. Hugs, dj

Pattie said...

Dorcas, this is so pretty and cute at the same time. I love that cute snowman and sentiment and the color combo is great! Good work using the metal buckle for our challenge. Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes!

France Ringuette said...

I>m blown away... What a cute stamp and just a gorgeous color combination... A stunning piece, and the metal Buckle is perfect. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes !

Crystal said...

FABULOUS! I love snowmen and this is such a cute image! I think I may have to go shopping:)
Great colouring & Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Cute! Funny sentiment, great colors, cute snowman!

Julie said...

Your card is adorable. I love the colors, the elements, and your coloring is fabulous.

Thank you for joining us at CCT!

Julie

Annie said...

a fabulous festive card and I love the sentiment with this cute snowman! thanks for joining us at CCT.
hugs, annie x

ileana said...

I love the colors you used on this card, they are warm and make a perfect contrast with the winter image. Love your coloring here! Hugs,

Nana said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful coloring and great paper choice. Love it!
Thank you for joining us at "Paper Sundaes" this week!
hugs Nana

Related Posts with Thumbnails