Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"Nicecrane's" Gustav Dore Clip Art~ ATCs

OK, guys! Something a little different for you today.
 You all know how I love my bright cheerful colors ;well here's the other side of me. :-) (Scary, huh? lol)Gustav Dore, you gotta love the raw emotion he evokes in his art (or did. He's dead now). I just love his art. It is a little dark but like i said, gutsy.
 Below is his Little Red Riding Hood. I'm sorry, but if that doesn't make a little kid sleep well, there's something wrong with them! lol
Nice Doggie, Nice Doggie

The images are mostly black and white with gold veining. But if you go over some of the details with Prismacolors, the pictures just pop. Notice the greenery and blue sky below.

And wonderful Puss In Boots! Can anyone ever have too much Puss In Boots?
He's Da Man, right there!

The rocky cliffs below I added some white/grey pencil to and gave it some more dimention. Couple that with some chatruesse and blue in the water and you can see how much fun you can have with these images.


I tore and distressed the images and used my odds and ends to collage them. Also added a gold cord in different patterns to tie in the gold veining in the clip art.
Below you see the sheet as it comes through Nicecranes shop.
have a poke around, he has some pretty cool stuff. Release the inner artist :-)
To purchase click here
Thanks for looking everyone!



4 comments:

dj1952 said...

I've never done any of the ATCs, and I don't know enough people to trade with. You did a great job by adding color to the cards. Hugs

Nicecrane Designs said...

Wowwwww dorcas you did it again,,,, you always surprise me,,,,i haven´t see any G. dore pict re-colored,,,,oh my they looks incredible,,,,woww,,, And the way you add the gold string,,, is perfect,,,,,,,,,now your ATC´s bright,,,, I am thinking about what G. dore would be thinking,,,, I love them.

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Very nice. You always did an awesome job with ATC's. Now a whole new style with the coloring. They look really good.

Tine said...

Totally fab, Dorcas. So creative. Love'em!
Tine :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails