Saturday, February 19, 2011

An Ebay Find and An Award


Hey Guys! Look what I found on ebay!
90 full skeins  and 40 partial skeins of embroidery floss for less than $10 (including shipping)! So what do you think of that?? OK, let me translate, so you can fully appreciate this....lol
One skein = one crochet rose or two daisies x 90= uh, 90 roses or 180 daises,
then we have the partial skeins and you're talking one butt- load of flowers!
Let me translate again what this means.....
In two short months or so when I have my blogaversary............
Ah! You guessed it!
Yes, I hear you  telling me now to get busy and make some flowers!

But before I go, I also have some  good news.
 Today I recieved a blog award for being so sweet. lol (Don't spit out your coffee!) Or maybe its my blog that's sweet....no, no, I think it was me. lol
So first of all, I want to thank Yenni who passed it on to me, thanks Yenni!


And now I need to tell you all three of the sweetest things ever. hmmmmmm..
Well, my husband can do some pretty sweet things. For instance,
1) if there's one piece of pecan pie left and three of us, he tells us (our daughter and me) to split it and he goes without. Isn't that shweeet?
Lets see...2) man! you know I'm bad at this sort of thing! Ummm..ok, 2) Not long after we were married I got sick with M.E. (CFS). I wasn't able to do much as I was in bed all the time and was home alone alot and 2,000 miles from my family etc so one day he surprised me and took me to a pet shop (where he has already visited so knew what was there) and surprised me by putting a little white  kitten in my arms. He had one blue eye and one green eye and he immediately nuzzled into my neck, purring and we took him home. That was probably the sweetest thing evah cos my husband didn't really want pets.
And 3) when my pet duck Ping disappeared he let me order 5 new ducklings even though he knew I would use our bathtub as a pen for them until they got bigger.(and he isn't crazy about that sort of thing. lol)
OK, enough sweetness! I've got toothache now!

I need to pass this on to three of the sweeest bloggers...
There's a whole lot more than three but here's three that I have never nominated before and who truly deserve it:
Shirley ~ One of the kindest sweetest souls out there
Maria ~ so sweet! You must meet her!
Cheryl ~ Who is the most faithful of all commenters in Blogland. In fact I bet most of you know that well! 

I'm going to be good and stick to the rules even though I could add a dozen more easy! 
Thanks everyone for your kindness and support!






8 comments:

Julie said...

All those silks.... that sure is a result! Congrats on your award! BTW I'll be round with E00,&E21 later to top up your tan:) Hope you're having a great weekend,Julie.x

Julie said...

Hi,it's me,I'm still here:) I've tried to check out Maria's sweet blog but your link takes me to Cheryls! ;-o

Nannieflash said...

Oh my Dorcas what a beautiful thing to say, bless you and thank you so much for such a wonderful Award.
Its amazing what love can do isnt it? my dear hubby bought me a bouquet of 12 roses for Valentines day and I thought that was one of the most sweetest things anyone could do for me. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Linda Wescott said...

Congrats and I think your hubby desearves the award too. Hugs lin

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Time to get busy! ;-)

cheryl said...

oh hun,bless your heart you really have taken me by surprise what a kind thing to say about me,bless you will take the award with pride,you have one great husband hun,and as for the fibres and things you got wow they are all gorgoues look forward to seeing what you come up with love big massive hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxx

Kelly Schelske said...

Dorcas, you make me laugh!! Can't wait to see your flowers and congrats on the award!

patriziawithaz said...

Dorcas,I don't know what to say !! I was so shocked last night at getting this award from you that it has taken me until this morning to acknowledge it and say a great big THANK-YOU for even thinking of me x Believe me when I say that you are at the top of my list of sweet people and not because of this award xxx (Did I say I didn't know what to say ? haha Lots of hugs xxx)

Related Posts with Thumbnails