Friday, August 26, 2011

Foto Friday ~ Arches

Hi Guys!
I'm playing along with:

This photo was taken in the ruins of an old nunnery on Iona Island in Scotland.. I just loved the arches. Beauty in decay. :-)
Why does that work for buildings and not teeth? lol

On a somber note, I found that Fibby (my beloved crippled duck) wasn't walking this morning. I examined him and can't find anything noticeably wrong although his breathing is scratchy and labored so he may be sick and just too weak to walk. I don't know but it breaks my heart and leaves me second guessing myself and everything I've ever done for him.

We've been "batting down the hatches" this morning, getting ready for Hurricane Irene. Mainly removing lawn furniture etc that could become flying missiles if the winds get bad. I'm still waiting for my emergency crank radio to arrive, I know; I guess I should have ordered it after the tornado instead of waiting til another storm was upon us. But who thinks like that? Anyway, lets hope it arrives today. We're not directly in its path. Its should slide by just east of us and leave us with strong wind and rain. But my thoughts go out to all in its path and I hope that if that is any of you that you're taking all the necessary precautions.
Be safe!



5 comments:

Cec said...

This is such a cool photo and brings back memories. My DH and I were there two summers ago. We spent a week in Scotland with friends and the four of us spent one day on the Isle of Mull, Iona and Staffa. So much fun and thanks for sharing.
Hugs!
Cec

Trina said...

Poor Fibby! I hope he gets better soon and that the hurricane doesn't affect your lives much!

N Blackburn said...

Hi Dorcas, just wanted to know that we are thinking about you all and hope that you don't get affected by Irene. Looking forward to updates from you to hear all is well and you're all safe :)
Bob and me xXx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Dorcas that photos is gorgeous theres a ruin in St Andrews that is also beautiful you would love that one.
I do so hope the Hurricane doesnt do any damage and that you escape without it hitting you to badly. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Awesome photo! Hope your radio comes...now that the storm is over! Now we will be ready for the next one. Hope it is a ways off. This one stressed me out a bit! Maybe it has something to do with the an earthquake and hurricane in one week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails