Monday, October 17, 2011

Frosty Whiskers

Hi Guys!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Today's card I am featuring the art of designer Tina Wenke. It's the first time I've had the privilege to work with one of her images and I have to say its pretty cute.

Recipe:
Stamp: Tina Wenke
Colors: Lyra Rembrant Pencils
Paper:  Basic Gray
Web Ribbon:  Bunny Zoe's
Wooden Embellisments: Bunny Zoe's
Brad: Basic Gray
Liquid pearls
Pink ribbon: From stash
Distress Inks: Bunny Zoe's

I am also going to
with this card and here it is:
  • Colors – Fall colors
  • Papers – Pattern paper, polka dots, crepe paper (fun!)
  • Stamps – Men, senior citizens, leaves and, okay, I'm gonna say it, bare bottoms (like, maybe, cute baby bottoms?)
  • Color Mediums – Copic markers, Glimmer Mist
  • Embellishments – lace, thread, buttons, tags, pearls, ribbon, seam binding, twine
  • Techniques – paper piecing, sewing, layer your buttons, make a bow bouquet (a bow with lots of layers and elements)
  • Tools – Die cuts, punches
  • Themes –masculine, Autumn/Fall and make us laugh!
And our sponsor for The Catered Crop this week is no other than:



 one incredibly lucky, randomly picked player will win a prize package from Copic Markers: 

 How cool is that? So you really have to join in with so many options and such a cool bag of goodies to win!
While I'm at it, how about a few challenges:

The Squirrel & the Fox - One for the Girls
Creatalicious Challenges -- Distress your Edges

That's it from me today! I hope you all have a great week ahead of you and thanks so much for coming by!


26 comments:

Edilza Teixeira Scrap e Artes said...

Oi Dorcas!!!

É maravilhoso ver a sua dedicação nos seus trabalhos. Esse cartão ficou belíssimo!!!

Beijos do Brasil

Tine said...

Hi Dorcas. Fabby card & great embellishments. Love how she looks frosty but the papers are warming.
Tine :)

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card Dorcas,love the image,all your layers and the stitching.xxx

dj1952 said...

Dorcas this is a lovely card. I love all of the "frosty" elements. Hugs, dj

Arabella said...

This is gorgeous Dorcas! I love how you have coloured her and your DPs are lovely!

Arabella

Inkypinkydelights said...

Hi Dorcas, this is so lovely! and what a gorgeous image! Just love everything about it! Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog and leave such a lovely comment. Judy x

Jacee said...

Lovely sweet card Dorcas coloured beautifully as ever, gorgeous!
Hugs Jacee

Anita said...

This is so gorgeous Dorcas. I love all the texture you've given to her dress and hat - amazing!

Tracy said...

Oh she is a cutie and there are so many great embellishments on this card. Don't you just love the CLP sketches. :-) Adorable Dorcas!

Cheryl said...

Stunning! The design, the papers, and your coloring all make this card simply adorable!

Barbara said...

This is so sweet and so beautifully colored! Now that the leaves are changing it is fun to look to the wintry images for coloring and crafting.

Gale said...

Thanks for the info on my mistaken ID on the card that I did. I have gone in a fixed the name of the artist. Really appreciate that I can get the right info out there.
:) Gale

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card Dorcas.
luv
Debby

Arlene said...

Great image and what wonderful coloring and design work - of course!

Linda said...

What a sweet card - sure is girly!
Thanks for playing along with The Squirrel & The Fox.

Hugs
Linda x

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Oh, your first winter-themed card - super-cute!!
I don´t like winter :-( Too cold for me!
But there are some certain moments when I like it neverthethess: e.g. when the sky is blue and the snow sparkles in the sunlight ...
Hugs,
Uli

Niki Estes said...

So cute! I love the coloring on kraft cardstock!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Oooooh quite girly! I like it!! Love the lace, pearls and corner! The image is adorable! Another beautiful creation!

Pat said...

Wow! Soooo stinkin cute! I love all the extra little touches...the lace, corner, pearls, snowflake!! And, of course, stunning coloring in kraft paper...my very FAVE!! Adorable image...and I always love your stitching!!! You rock! Hugs. Pat Frank

Linda Carson said...

Wow! What a beauty! That's some stunning coloring! I've got to try coloring on kraft. It's so unique!

June Nelson said...

Wow she is coloured beatuifully and I love the effect on the brown card, such a lovely little image too xxxxx

Iulia said...

Oh, this is gorgeous sweetie, makes me feel frosty:)

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMGosh..this is GORGEOUS!! That blue around her is so stunning!!

Jane Wetzel said...

beautiful coloring, beautiful card!

Chelsea said...

Hi Dorcas, this image is just so sweet and so pretty the way you've colored her. A great take on the Sketch. Thanks for joining us at CLP Challenge, hope to see you on our next challenge.

Hugs and Love.

stephanne said...

Ooooooooow, I love this!!! Fabulous job colouring on kraft and I love your papers and details, beautiful work!! Great take on Chelsea's sketch this month and thanks so much for joining us at CLP!!
hugs, stephanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails